Nov 22, 2006

Christmas Open House set for December 1st!

Can you believe that it is that time of year again? It is time for Maplewood's annual Christmas Tree walk! For those of you unfamiliar with my location, my shop is actually located in Maplewood, just two blocks outside the St. Louis city limits.

What is the Christmas tree walk? All the little boutiques in the area will stay open until 9 or 10PM on Friday, December 1st. We all decorate our windows and stores and stock them with gift items. There will be a trolley, a Santa, lighting ceremony and so on. There are hundereds of people who attend this event and St. Louis Magazine voted it last year as one of the top 10 things to do in St. Louis during the holiday season.

There is a window decorating contest and most shops serve food and drink. Last year, I did the store all up for New Years' - all chocolate and gold. I served champaign punch and everything chocolate. I even had a bubble machine on my balconey over the store. The entire ceiling was covered with gold and chocolate balloons. I also had about 400 glass balls hanging from lights and chandeliers to represent champaign bubbles. It was a lot of fun.

What am I going to do this year? Well, it will be much more simpler than last year. Last year was the first Christmas as a very newly divorced woman, and I decided I just wanted to skip Christmas all together and go right into the new year...remember what I said about having a personal theme when doing your displays? Doing a New Year's theme was very personal to me last year.

Well, this year, I have another personal theme that I will explain to you after the 1st. It will be different from year's past, but it will have real meaning to me, although not clear at all to anyone else. But that is okay.

I am excited to announce that I am starting my own line of Elizabeth House Products. This first batch is for the body: Bath Infusion, Soaps, Diffusers, and Body Butter. I designed these with an artisian who uses only pure and essential oils. I will have a new posting about my products in the near future. But I am very pleased with them.

I will also have many items on sale - especially my floor sample items such as my queen bed, dining set, and mantel. I am ready to restock the store with fresh inventory, but have no room! So, on the 1st, there will be some very good deals on the bigger pieces.

I will also have some gift baskets, lavender, French Soaps, candles, sachets, hand-crafted journals, hand-crafted charms on ribbon, locally made chocolate bark in many flavors, and gift books. I will have some seasonal items, though not a lot. And all seasonal items will be on sale as well. I usually stock gift items that are different, great price point, and special.

I will be closed the Tues -Thursday prior to the Friday the 1st in order to get everything ready. I will open on Friday, December 1st at 4PM and remain open until 9 or 10PM. The elves will be busy!

I am looking forward to spending the evening visiting with my friends and clients. I use this evening to catch up on what is going on and how everyone is doing. If you are able to stop by, I would love to visit with you. I will be the one holding the champaign glass, laughing and hugging everyone!

I want to wish you all a very special Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those who know me know that it is no secret that I give my greatest thanks to my Lord for blessing me with my friends, family, health, my talents, and my ability to help others. I am eternally grateful for these gifts.

I hope you feel blessed this season as well.

From my house to your house,
Elizabeth
www.elizabethhouse.us



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could be there, but I am hoping you take some pictures to share with us that are so far away from you. ;-)

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth
I can't begin to imagine how fantastic that scene must look, please take photos of your store and maybe some of the surronds so that we down under that follow your journey can feel a part of this wonderful event

Elizabeth Maxson said...

Oh boy...do I feel pressure not to let you down. I am taking a break from doing the store windows right now...

Well, I will be happy to take photographs, but just know that my theme this year is simple...something I am not known to do! :-)

Thank you for the kind words!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see your store, too! You have such a gift for interior design and, well, just putting things together. Have a wonderful, happy holiday!

savvycityfarmer said...

Oh how I remember the last ten years of my life in retail....I'm relaxing this year as we have gone full blown into interior design and redesign.....bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...